Last revised February 2024.
- Children Under the Age of 18
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- Who We Share Your Personal information With
- Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
- How We Protect Your Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Do Not Track
- Your Data Protection Rights
- Contacting us
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Services or on or through any of its features, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. We strongly encourage parents to take an active role in their children’s use of the Internet and mobile devices and to inform them of the dangers of providing information about themselves on the Internet or through mobile devices. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information directly from a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected] for proper removal and purge from our database.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Why does Egen collect personal information?
Egen processes personal information in the course of running our Website(s), processing payments, registering visitors to our events and Services, managing contests and promotions, providing support, improving client and user experience, running our infrastructure, preventing fraud, protecting intellectual property, maintaining endpoint and network security, enforcing our legal rights, sending marketing and other communications, processing agreements, complying with our legal obligations, and to achieve other legitimate interests as well as where you have provided consent. Personal information, such as contact information, is collected from Website(s), Services, events, partners, and where you have provided it directly to Egen.
What personal information does Egen obtain?
To fulfill the purposes described in this Policy, Egen may collect personal information such as name, contact information, technical unique identifiers, authentication credentials, or other personal information you choose to provide to Egen. For example, as described in specific sections of this Policy may include, among other things, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser information, device ID, the type of computer and technical information about a user’s means of connection to our Website(s), such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and Services to you and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, and from other third parties. This information includes mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), Internet Protocols (IP) addresses, social media profiles, social media URLs, and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising and event promotion.
Most of the information we collect through our Services is metadata. Metadata may include how and when a device or network is being used, login times and attempts, registry keys, types and versions of operating systems, browsers, and information about software applications. In some cases, we collect personal information as it may appear within the metadata such as that associated with usernames, filenames, file paths, and machine names. This personal information is used to help our clients and improve our capabilities in the way described in our more specific service documentation and agreements. Egen’s Services also include features providing clients the ability to submit files (including the content of those files) and other information related to the files for purposes including security analysis and response, solution improvement, enhanced capabilities, or client support. At the direction of clients, we may also collect or retrieve files as part of our Services.
An important type of data we detect, collect, analyze, and use through our Services (or provide our clients the ability to provide to us) is information about your data.
To the extent Egen collects personal information through its Services, Egen generally collects that information under the authority and direction of its clients, which often are corporate entities. Egen typically has no direct relationship or contact with an individual whose personal information we may collect or receive from a corporate client and subsequently analyze and use. Consequently, any inquiries about the specific processing of your personal information via Egen Services should be directed to your organization. Regardless, the use of the information collected through our Services is limited to the purpose of providing the service for which our clients have engaged Egen or as otherwise outlined in our agreements. We do not use any personal information collected through our Services to contact or market Solutions or Services to these individuals. We also do not provide any personal information obtained through the Services to third parties for the purpose of contacting or marketing Solutions or Services to these individuals.
If you are a user of one of our Services, we obtain the personal information you provide us during the sales and/or fulfillment process. We may use personal information collected such as your name, phone number, mailing address, and email address to contact you and to provide and inform you of Services, send you an invoice, determine how our Services are used and enhance your client and user experience, perform accounting, auditing and collection activities, answer questions, and provide support or other similar Services.
Where does Egen obtain personal information?
Egen Website(s) provide Internet based access for users to learn about Egen and its Services and to communicate with Egen and with others. When an individual uses our Website(s), Egen gathers information, some of which may be considered personal information in your jurisdiction.
If you opt-in to our mailing list online or in person, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related solution or service information, and other Egen related information. We may also associate personal information that you submit to us, including email addresses, with information collected about you through other means such as cookies, web beacons, or social media plugins. This will help us better tailor content delivered to you through a variety of ways, including online advertisements. We include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails.
Accessing our content (ex. Blogs, White Papers, Points of View, etc.) will load social media cookies. We are under no obligation to publish, maintain, or retain any of your posts or re-posts of our content. If you provide us with feedback about our company, Services, or Website(s), we consider this to be freely given and we may use your feedback without compensation or attribution to you.
Information That We Obtain From Third Party Sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you, including your name, email address, or other information such as a profile picture, from third party sources where those parties have indicated that they have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us. For example, we may be provided with information about individuals interested in using our Services, joining our company, or when using third party authentication options to sign-up for or log-in to our Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Solutions and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Personal Data about your interaction with our Services, including information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns:
- details of your visits to our Website(s). This includes browsing history, search history, traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access, use, or otherwise interact with on the Website(s);
- other information necessary to provide you with our Solutions and Services; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, i.e., your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences;
- customize our Solutions and Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Solutions and Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to provide and personalize our Services and its content to you;
- to provide you with information, Solutions, or Services that you request from us;
- to process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud;
- to support, develop, troubleshoot, and debug our Website, Solutions, and Services;
- to provide you with blogs and discussion groups;
- to communicate with you through chat platforms;
- to run promotions, contests, surveys, or other website features;
- to send you periodic emails;
- to analyze trends;
- to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- to personalize your website experience and to deliver content and solution and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, Solutions and Services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- for internal testing, research, analysis, and solution development, including to develop and improve our Website, and to develop, improve, or demonstrate our Solutions and Services;
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any Solutions or Services we offer or provide though them;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website(s);
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- for digital marketing, which may include online advertisements appearing on cookie-based advertising networks;
- for direct marketing, which may include postal mail or telemarketing from Egen or a service vendor; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Who We Share Your Personal information With
Online Behavioral Advertising
We partner with a third party to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies, scripts and tags to gather information about your activities on other sites to provide you advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt out by visiting Digital Advertising (DAA)’s self-regulatory opt-out page, click here. If you are located in the European Economic Area, click here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads; you will continue to receive generic ads.
We may use third party service providers or partners to help us operate our business; provide, support, maintain, or secure our Services and our Website(s); or administer activities on our behalf, such as events or marketing campaigns. It may be necessary to provide or allow access to your personal information to these third-party service providers or partners for those purposes.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, solutions, services, or promotions.
Legal and Professional Advisors
We provide information regarding our business to our auditors and legal counsel. In some cases, the shared information may contain personal information, but the auditors and legal counsel may only use it for the purpose of providing their professional Services.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process; or when we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. We may transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Links to Other Websites
Social Media Features
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, Egen’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal information collected will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
In most circumstances, we collect personal information (i) where it is needed for the performance of a contract, (ii) where the processing of the personal information is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where you provide your consent. Other times, your personal information may be collected in order for us (iv) to comply with a legal obligation, (v) to perform a task for the public interest, or (vi) for the protection of your or another’s vital interests.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests or those of any third party, we will make clear to you at the relevant time through this policy or otherwise what those legitimate interests are. Oftentimes, legitimate interests involve our normal day-to-day operations, such as the ability to operate our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide our Services, responding to your inquiries, or marketing. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our clients.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of client data and your personal information is important to us. We adopt data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of client data and your personal information. We follow generally accepted practices to protect client data and the personal information collected and submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. If you have questions about the security of your personal information collected through our Services or Website(s), you can contact us at [email protected].
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures deployed on the Services.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to fulfill the purpose for which we collected it and for a reasonable period thereafter in order to comply with audit, contractual, or legal requirements, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may retain aggregated or de-identified data indefinitely or to the extent allowed by applicable law. We may retain personal information preserved in automatically generated computer back-up or archival copies generated in the ordinary course of our information technology systems procedures.
Your Data Protection Rights
Where Egen is a data controller it affords access, correction, and deletion rights to individuals. More specific rights are listed below.
European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, your data protection rights are as follows:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting Egen using the contact details provided below or by email at [email protected]
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting Egen using the contact details provided below or by email at [email protected]
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send to you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, such as telemarketing, then please contact Egen using the contact details provided below or by email at [email protected]
- If Egen has collected and currently processes your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about Egen’s collection and use of your personal information.
California Consumer Protection Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA”) applies to for-profit companies that serve California residents and have at least $25 million in annual gross revenue must comply with the law. In addition, companies of any size that have personal data of 100,000 or more California residents or that collect more than half of their revenue from the sale of personal data, also fall under the law. Companies don’t have to be based in California or have a physical presence there to fall under the law.
If the CCPA is applicable to the business in question. the CCPA affords certain additional rights to you if you are a California resident, such as:
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about you and how it is used and shared. You can make a request to know up to twice a year, free of charge.
- The right to delete personal information collected from businesses (with some exceptions).
- The right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of their personal information.
- The right to correct inaccurate personal information that a business has about you; and
- The right to limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information collected about you.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below or by emailing at [email protected].
Egen responds to verifiable requests received from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. When contacting us, please provide us with detailed information about the personal information you are requesting we correct, update, amend, or remove, and the timeframe and manner in which you believe we came to collect your personal information. If we obtained your personal information from a client or third party acting on your behalf, you should contact the company or person you provided your information to. If you would no longer like to be contacted by one of our clients or would like to have your personal information corrected, updated, amended, or removed, please contact the client (“data controller”) that you interact with directly.
Egen Solutions, LLC
40 Shuman Blvd.
Naperville, IL 60563
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collected from you, change the information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by clicking here.